Barbour ABI is part of UBM UK division and is based at Cheshire Oaks. It is a centre of sales excellence for UBM, having developed customer best practice, robust processes for key account management and for driving sales performance over recent years.
It comprises of several key functions:
- Our Research team who build our Barbour ABI and Office Moves construction intelligence data products
- Our New Sales team who sell Barbour ABI, Office Moves and Barbour Product Search
- Our Client Management team who support our customers in using our service
- Our Media team who sell a portfolio of advertising packages across print and digital media, working on Building and BD – the premier brands in construction media today.
In this particular role, we are looking for a new member of our Research team to join Barbour ABI, to research current construction projects to a high level using the telephone, internet and other communication sources.
- Collecting construction intelligence from industry professionals
- Achieving set targets around call quantity, call quality, call time and call volume
- Being responsible for your own work and meeting the department quality standards
- Managing/prioritising your own workload on a daily basis
- Liaising with other colleagues within the business
- Dealing with customer queries
- Building relationships with contacts within the construction industry
- Detail-oriented, flexible, energetic and methodical
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, resilient, determined, assertive, good objection handler, capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines and prioritising
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills
- Determined to exceed targets and objections
- Dependable – takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments
The ideal candidate would be an excellent communicator, with an efficient and polite phone manner. You must also have the ability to listen to, absorb and interpret information. Good written and verbal communication skills are also crucial, as is the ability to be flexible to adjust to fluctuating workloads.
Our Research team are measured on set targets and therefore the successful candidate will be self motivated and confident in their own ability with an accurate and methodical work approach. Good organisational skills and the ability to work unsupervised – using your own initiative when required – are also important.
This is not an exhaustive list and merely outlines the key duties of the role. Other tasks may be required.
Apply for this job
Job Id: RE1
Barbour ABI is part of Informa Intelligence. Place of registration: UBM (UK) Limited, England and Wales, Company number: 370721, Registered office: 5 Howick Place, London, United Kingdom, SW1P 1WG